Monday, August 20, 2012

It's THE END!

A day I thought would never come.  What a journey!  And I know it is not over yet, but we are getting to move on to a much better chapter.  Grant will take his last doses of oral chemo tonight and then....that's it.  No big hoorah, just no more chemo.  As I try to type this, there are just no words for the multitude of emotions I am feeling.  So let me just say this:  GOD IS GOOD!  And he is STILL taking care of Grant and our whole family.
When I told Grant I was going to blog about his last day of chemo, he wanted to "say" a few words:
I am excited about being done with treatment.  I'm ready for my port to come out.  Thank you for being nice to me and praying for me.  I'm sad that I'm not going to see the grown-up friends that work at the clinic as much.  I hope my leukemia does not come back.  Please come to the Cats baseball game with me.
Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS!

2 comments:

  1. Crying tears of Joy for Grant and the Freels family!!! Praise God for His mercy and grace given to Grant. What a journey it has been! I hope that God's peace will lead you as you move forward from this chapter of your lives. I know I don't see you all anymore, but seeing as we pretty much went through the same journy, I feel so bonded to you all. I love you all!!! Yay to Grant!!! Yay to the Freels family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Grant and Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete