Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Grant!








I'm exhausted tonight. We celebrated Grant all day! He even started saying, "but, it's my birthday." We started off with a trip to the zoo with Nana. The boys had a great time and it was a beautiful day for the zoo. We had a picnic that included a piece of birthday cake from last weekend's party. After a little nap, Grant wanted to watch his Bee Movie that he got for his birthday from Uncle Keith. At Grant's request, we had spaghetti for dinner (which he did not eat). Then, he wanted to ride his scooter to the playground at the front of our neighborhood. We only made it to the one about halfway. His energy level is definitely down. But, Trent had a blast trying to keep up on the tractor. When we got home, we topped off the day with chocolate chocolate chip ice cream. After a bath (and medicine), it was off to bed. What a day!

I've been dreading today for a while now. But, it was not as bad as I was expecting. With a 4 year old and almost 2 year old, there isn't a lot of time to think...thankfully. My thoughts today went back and forth between where we were a year ago and how far we've come. But, I battle my thoughts (fears) everyday. I have to surrender Grant to God everyday and know that He holds Grant in the palm of his hand, and Trent, for that matter. What beautiful gifts God has given us!

Do not fear...for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.... Isa. 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment