Friday, April 23, 2010

Those Darn Steroids

Today is the last day for this round of steroids. Thank goodness! I want to give you an idea of the effect they have on him. He can't control his emotions and then that frustrates him even more - to be out of control.
He has never acted out at school. He does everything they ask and is a good student. Even when he would be having trouble at home before he got sick, I would ask if he was doing the same things at school. They would look at me like I was crazy b/c he would never do anything wrong at school. He went to school yesterday. His teacher told me that he had a really hard day. She said he just lost it a few times, but he always recovered. For him to do this at school just shows that those steroids are making him crazy.
He simply cannot control himself sometimes. When I ask him why he's crying he says, "I don't know." When I suggest that he stop if he doesn't know why he's crying he says, "I can't". It sounds so defeated like he really would love to stop crying but doesn't know how to make his body do that.
Please pray for Rudy and I and everyone else that takes care of Grant as we continue to find that balance of parenting Grant while we are sensitive to his situation. And, of course, please continue to pray for Grant as he deals with all that is going on in his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment