Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reflection

This Year
Last Year

Right now, when I think about the last year, it brings thoughts of fear, hurt, helplessness, sadness. But, when I really dig deep, I remember that God has brought us through all of that and I actually have a great feeling of pride for the champion we have in Grant. That doesn't stop the sad thoughts from coming. It just helps overcome them.

It seems that my mind immediately went into reflection mode in April, these being the last days that Grant was well, I guess. Last year we had taken pictures in the bluebonnets. Rudy and I looked at those pictures a lot after Grant was diagnosed and had lost his hair. So, we went and took new pictures in the bluebonnets. I think this will now be a tradition.

I've mentioned to several of you about Grant's hair. Grant losing his hair was one of the most traumatic things for me. It was a visual realization of what was happening to my little boy. And it was so difficult to hear everyone tell me that it was going to come back different. I didn't want it to come back different. I liked it the way it was. Well, I love it now. I love that it came back curly. My mom always thought that we were going to have a curly-headed kid like their mama. We just didn't know cancer was going to be the route we were going to have to go. :)

Even as I write this, my mind wanders to all that has happened in the last year. One thing I can say with certainty is that we are so thankful for the prayer warriors that continue to fight this battle with us.

I am sure that there will be more entries like this as I continue to reflect on the last year, especially as we approach Grant's birthday/diagnosis day.

2 comments:

  1. What precious boys(and I'm sure not a bit on the sneaky side?). So glad God has been so faithful and continues to answer prayer for Grant and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy they are both so handsome!!! Praising the Lord that Grant has come so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete