Sunday, June 21, 2009

Big Church

We had a really great time going to church this morning. We so appreciate the outpouring of love and support we received. Grant was curious about the blood bank bus so we went to check it out. He barely got inside when he stopped and looked at me. The nurse inside the door was wearing a paper gown like they wear at the clinic and it was very crowded with people and "stuff". He talked to the nurse for just a second and was ready to get out of there. We talked about why the bus was there. He will tell you that it was getting some red juice for when his noodle needs to drink it. So innocent.
Grant went to "big church" with us and did pretty well. I only freaked out once when Pastor Nathan asked everyone to gather around and lay hands on us while we prayed. I think I almost hyperventilated about all those people touching us. It's ok Nathan, I forgive you. You had good intentions. ;) About halfway through the service, Grant looked at me and said, "Mama, does big church have pizza?" I have no idea what he thinks we do in "big church". So, then we had to go to Sam's and get pizza for lunch.
I will be calling the clinic first thing in the morning. Grant has been very sensitive to touch since Sat. night. He has complained of pain under his right arm (near his port). He has also complained of pain in his legs and arms when touched. This has never been mentioned as a possibility, so please pray for answers when I speak to the doctor in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Chemo can cause so many crazy sensations and no two patients are alike. Just wanted to tell you all, I know its not the same drugs I had, but when I would try to explain things I experienced when going through the chemo, my Dr. more times than not would say: "hmmm, never heard of that one before"..Needless to say, Grant may feel pain in one area and before he can explain it, it is somewhere else! It will probably be very hard for him to explain what he feels, he just knows he feels different. Keeping all of you in prayers to get through all this very quickly! Andi (Jaafs mom)

    ReplyDelete