Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ups & Downs

Grant's play therapy and our class at the hospital are both going well. We are learning a lot about ourselves and Grant. Grant really looks forward to going to play with Ms. Mandy. And she always comes and talks to me about his play, but tells me that she has fun with him. But, it's kind of like your car doing something wrong, but when you take it to the shop it won't do it. :) He plays like an angel with her and struggles at home. Well, today was different. His play actually improved with Ms. Mandy, but when they rejoined Trent, Nana, & I in the other play room things were a little different. He had several meltdowns due to frustration. Mandy was able to address the situation where I could observe. I was actually glad to see that the techniques did not immediately fix the problem. I think they will in the long term, but it encouraged me that I was not failing. It just makes me feel like it's not fair that Grant is having to go through all of these tough things, especially at 3 when he is just trying to figure out life. Keep praying that we will all learn positive ways to cope with this situation and remember to trust God for our strength.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you all in our prayers! God bless! Andi
    Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete