Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 13

Grant seemed to have a little better day today. He was more talkative and a little more mobile. He is still very fatigued and weak. Things he usually doesn't think about have been difficult i.e. climbing into his chair at the kitchen table. He got a haircut today (not shaved). He normally likes getting his hair cut and is such a big boy. Today, he cried almost the whole time. He is just so scared. He wouldn't even let me lift his shirt to look at his tummy. I had to promise to sit on my hands while he lifted his shirt. He is still eating more than normal, but he is very indecisive about what he wants. He has been indecisive about other things too. He couldn't decide which movie he wanted to watch so he asked me to pick.
Grant has been very sweet to his brother, especially today. Grant was sitting at the table eating a snack and Trent was following me around the kitchen crying. I had tried to give him a snack, but he just through a fit. Grant said, "Mom, can I get down and help him?" Of course I said yes. So, he very calmly walked over and got the bowl of Cheerios off the floor. He got one out and held it out to Trent. He said, "Here Trent, you wanna snack?" Trent stopped crying and looked at him. Trent ate the Cheerio. Grant said, "He likes it! You like it Trent. You want another one?" He stood in the kitchen and fed him all the Cheerios. It was so sweet!!!
Trent is having a hard time if I am up moving around. He seems to be ok if I'm sitting still, but gets very nervous if I move.
It's hard to not be able to give a medical report. I liked knowing exactly where we stood. I feel very responsible for knowing if something is not right and that freaks me out a little. Keep praying for us.....

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you guys are at home. I am sure that each day will bring a little more comfort and normalcy. Just remember that you don't have to have all of the answers--you are Mommy and that is your most important job. Trust that God has given and will continue to give you the tools you will need to help Grant and Trent. Trust your instincts and don't be afraid to ask for help. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Kim Mowery

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that you are home! There are still tons of prayers being lifted up on your behalf. I am sure that establishing a "new normal" is uncomfortable, know that it will get easier with each and every day. While we look at it from a level view, God is looking at it from above and has the broader perspective in His view. May today be filled with blessings!

    Faith Not Fear -
    Stacy (a friend of Grant's grandpa)

    ReplyDelete