Wednesday, May 27, 2009

DAY 29

Yay! We finally made it. Today was a really tough day though. I'm not really sure how to put all the events and the emotions of the day into this blog. There were a lot of things going on, a lot of waiting, a lot of trauma, a lot of new information. I don't think we were really prepared for the day to be as exhausting as it was.
Grant struggled through all of the things he had to do today. But, he has been recovering well after we leave. Once we leave the hospital/clinic, it seems like he doesn't think about the events of the day anymore. All of the procedures went well and the doctors said Grant did really well. They also said he looked good and that he was responding very well to the treatments.
Rudy and I also struggled through all of the things Grant had to do today. It was frustrating for me today that people kept saying that things would get easier. I know they are trying to comfort us and, at first, I thought things would get easier. But, they are not, and I don't think they will. I don't think there is any way that seeing your son be put under anesthesia and terrified by what's being done to him will ever be easier to see.
The good news is that he does not have to take his steriods anymore right now. We should have the results of today's tests by Friday, Monday at the latest. We will know more after we discuss some options with the doctor. Grant already has appointments for Tues. & Wed. of next week.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that your family is going through this, let me know if I can do anything for you. I know it is not easy.

    ReplyDelete