Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 24

Today was good. Grant actually wanted to get out of the house. He also did not seem to be as obsessed with food today. He had his moments, but he was able to focus on other things. He is still really scared of the bath, but there was improvement today. He also didn't seem to have as many stomach issues. We don't think he feels bad physically most of the time. It just seems to come in short waves. Rudy and I are just so sad at how miserably uncomfortable he looks. He doesn't look like himself, of course, he is still very handsome. :) A stranger came up to us today and said they were admiring Grant's cheeks, how cute and precious they were. I had to hold back the tears. God always knows what we need.
He pats his own cheeks a lot, like he doesn't know what to do with them. And he touches his head and says, "my hair's still funny." He still is not sleeping well. He can't seem to get comfortable. He is very restless.
Tonight, while I was fixing dinner, we were just chatting. Grant said, "I'm so glad I'm not at the hospital anymore. I like it at home." I told him I was glad too. But, sometimes we have to go to the hospital so the doctors can make him feel better. And that's ok, b/c then we will get to come home again. He agreed. He knows that he had to go to the hospital b/c he has leukemia. He told me that when he gets better he wants to go back to school (Mother's Day Out).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these updates. I love knowing specifically how to pray for you all. I check everyday. Know that the Burke family is praying.
    Heather (Campbell) Burke

    ReplyDelete