Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 18

The plan for today was to get Grant's 3-year-old pictures taken and then take him to get his hair buzzed off since his hair started falling out. Unfortunately, Grant's photography session (http://www.jessicawilliamsphotography.com/) had to be postponed because it rained the majority of the day. However, we decided to go ahead with the buzzing of Grant's hair........ and my hair (pictures will be posted tomorrow). If you need your hair buzzed off, Lisa Brockington is the person to see. She's great. We thought if Grant saw that I was having my hair buzzed off, that he would be a little more ok with it. When I told him that we were going to get our hair cut, his only request was that Lisa wouldn't tickle his ears. He also wanted me to go first. When he saw her make the first pass with the clippers, he thought that was hilarious. But he quickly got bored with watching me get my hair cut and decided to read some Clifford - The Big Red Dog books. During his reading, he would occasionally look up at me and start laughing. If he didn't have cancer, I might have been mad at him. =) When it was Grant's turn for his hair cut, he did really well. He fussed a little when she got close to his ears but honestly, who hasn't gotten upset about that? Other than that, he laughed a good bit of the time. Great success. Having his hair buzzed off really changes his look. I know that's an obvious statement but you don't realize just how different he looks until you see him for yourselves. It's just one more reminder of what Grant is having to go through.
Anyway, we decided to go ahead with Grant's hair cut even though we hadn't had his pictures taken because having his pictures taken while he has a bald head is where he is at this point in his life and it needs to be documented. When he is an adult and he's cured of this cancer, he will need these pictures when he's sharing his testimony of what God has done in his life.

3 comments:

  1. Where are the pictures of your bald heads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yea. I remember that day. Almost 4 years ago, when Bob buzzed my head! Went from mid-back length blonde hair (not by nature of course) to looking like I belonged in the Marines. But it is all back now, just about what it looked like when the buzz happened! Yes, it will grow back! I am so happy Grant is doing so well! Keep the faith, God is in control and Jesus is holding tightly to all of you! God bless you all! GO SURVIVORS! PS-no I'm not sharing my picures RUDY! R I C O L A!!!

    ReplyDelete