Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 19







Well, thank goodness we are on the downhill slope of this 30 day induction period. I don't know how many more days I can talk about food and feed Grant 24/7??? If you know Grant at all, you know how absolutely bazaar it must be to be feeding him constantly. The kid was a stick, skin & bones, and never wanted to really take the time to eat. Now, he literally eats all day and all night (no joking). I had wonderful infants that slept all night very soon after coming home. Now, I have a 3 year old that wants to snack all night. Ahhh! Rudy and I are not getting much sleep. One of his best moods of the day is at 3 a.m. He is ready to chat it up and laugh and joke. It's crazy!

For example, I will give you today's eating schedule:

7 a.m. - 2 waffles and a banana
9:30 a.m. - a slice of cheese pizza
10:30 a.m. - a bag of pretzels
12:00 noon - chicken nuggets and a lot of french fries
2:00 - a bowl of animal crackers
4:00 - pineapple
5:00 - a bowl of mac and cheese, half a bagel, yogurt
6:00 - corn and bread & butter
7:00 - crackers and cheese
7:45 - can I go to bed?

The rest of the day was spent trying to delay the next snack and telling him that his tummy needed to "rest" b/c he just ate. We also spend a lot of time discussing what he is going to eat next. He is craving salty carbs. We are at least trying to push some fruit. I know you all think it is crazy that I'm spending so much time writing about this. But, it has consumed our lives!

We had his pictures taken today with the bald head. He did pretty well. He was eating his pretzels the whole time. ;) He thinks his haircut is funny, b/c Daddy has the same one.

Grant and Trent are getting along very well. I think Trent is looking for attention b/c he is pushing all of our buttons. It's very funny though.

Ok, I must get to bed, so I can be ready for our 3 a.m. feeding.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the pics of the new buzz cuts! Hopefully, you will get some rest soon. Kathy E

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted pictures! They confirmed my suspicion that Rudy was the author of the post about getting matching hair cuts. For a minute, I was afraid Amy had a new 'do! Lol :) The guys look great!

    ReplyDelete